It’s surprising that so many homeowners sleepwalk through the Mortgage Renewal process and don’t look at all their options in the marketplace. Many accept whatever their lender offers or just have a short negotiation to shave a few points off. While it’s tempting to choose what is easiest, it’s so important to have a mortgage expert working for you as early as 9 months prior to your Mortgage Renewal. Here’s why.
Mortgage Renewal: Top 6 Reasons Why You Should Work with a Mortgage Broker
- A Mortgage Broker has access to over 50 lenders so I can make sure you are being offered the best deal possible.
- Having a good credit score is important if you want to switch your mortgage to a new Mortgage Lender for a better deal. You current Mortgage Lender may also take your score into consideration for your Mortgage. You have more control over your credit score than you think, and you may want to discuss credit improvement strategies.
- If you have enough equity in your home, you may be able to move high-interest debt to your lower-rate mortgage, improving cash flow and saving on interest. Mortgage Renewal is the perfect time to do this. A Mortgage Broker can run the numbers to see if this strategy makes sense for you.
- Taking on new debt or leaving your current employment prior to your Mortgage Renewal can affect your ability to move your Mortgage to another Mortgage Lender. A Mortgage Broker can discuss the potential impact of changes to your personal situation.
- If your mortgage isn’t insured, A Mortgage Broker can help determine if you can switch to a lower-rate insurable Mortgage that offers long-term savings.
- If you need to free up cash flow for specific needs or life situations, a 30-year amortization might be an option for you to consider (20% or more in equity required).
Remember, A Mortgage Broker work for you. With access to dozens of Mortgage Lenders and hundreds of Mortgage options, a Mortgage Brokers goal is to help you make informed decisions so you always get the best package of rate and features that best fits your needs.
Don’t hesitate to contact me today, to discuss your Mortgage Renewal options and best strategies.
Tel: (647) 464-3939
Mortgage Intelligence Inc.
Brokerage License # 10428
All information is directly from Invismi Newsletter.